Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cmas Card Challenge - July - Brown/Ivory/Gold

This month's challenge is a color one - Brown - Ivory - Gold.
I decided on this angel.  I cut the wings from gold card stock with the Stampin Up! Elegant bird die. They need to be cut with the gold side facing each other so when cut creates wings for each side. I embossed them with the Cuttlebug Victorian folder.  I found some vintage looking Designer Paper (webster's pages - ladies & gents - Sunday afternoon) for her body.  I cut the dress in a triangle shape from the DP.  I punched a Stampin Up! Modern Label from a dark espresso brown card stock and then added a ivory greeting color printed in dark brown then punched with the Stampin Up! Word Window punch.  I punched the head with a 1" circle punch is the same card stock as the greeting.  The angel was then mounted on a brown card.

Total cards so far: 65
I think I will have to step things up a bit.

3 comments:

  1. I love this angel!! So clever to use the bird wings...I am going to have to purchase that die!
    Absolutely going to CASE this!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning angel! The papers you've used are so decorative that no embellishments are needed. A really beautiful, clean design!
    PS: You have Word Verification turned on. If you'd like to receive more feedback on your lovely work, try and turn it off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely angel Christmas card. I love how you have created the angel and the lovely paper you have used. Thanks for joining us this week at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.