Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Card - Challenge - HJ - Scrappy Christmas

 I made this card for the challenge at Holly Jolly which is Scrappy Christmas. Encouraging us to use our scraps of paper.
I started with a purple card onto which I adhered a white layer leaving a border.  I found left overs from these cards.  I cut them in various widths and trimmed the bottom ends to a slant.  I glued them to the white layer with the tops being at the same height.  I put a strip of gold glitter paper across the stripes.  I cut the greeting layer with one of the Apothecary Framelit then stamped the greeting in purple.  I then cut another label in card purple, cut it in half and layered those behind greeting. I punched .25 inch circle from the gold glitter and glued them into the bump on the greeting.

3 comments:

  1. Great card Sylvia. Love the paper scraps that you have used. Love the glitter too! Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative use of your scraps! Love the different widths and lengths! So happy you joined us this week at Holly Jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Great use of scraps. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.