Thursday, August 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - August - Stickers

The theme for the Christmas Card Challenge for August is stickers.  This leaves it wide open for anything Christmas.  Trees, candy canes, snowflakes, words, and a bunch more of subject matter.  Go for it!!
I bought these sleigh stickers last Christmas because I knew what was on my challenge and they were in clearance for a good price  Stickers are not something I use regularly.  These sleighs are Martha Stewart. There are red and blue sleighs so I alternated the colors accordingly.  I found that they matched Stampin Up! Ruby Red and Soft Sky so I chose those colors for my card and background.  In keeping with SU I used the Northern Flurry folder on the background layer.  I created snowbanks with my Creative Memories wavy cutter.  I created the word accent with a stamp from Peddler's Pack with fit very nicely in the SU Artisan Label punch.  I stamped it in Ruby Red and used the marker to highlight the edges of the punchie.  I glued it to a strip of card stock about 3/8" wide in the same color as the card.  I flagged the ends with a square punch.  This accent is mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape.  Super happy with these. 

1 comment:

  1. Great color scheme - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-231.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.