Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Card - Digital Christmas 2013 - O Little Town of Bethlehem


I created this card in order to send Christmas greetings to folks I connect with by email or on-line.

I created this art for a project that fell through so I decided to use it for my digital Christmas card this year.  I started with a 5x7 canvas panel.  I embossed white card stock with the Sizzix Swiss Dots folder then ripped it into strips and glued it to the panel horizontally to create illusion of clouds.  I used the buildings I designed a long time ago, printed them on blue card stock and fuzzy cut them.  I cut out the windows and put yellow paper behind.  These were then glued to the panel.  I painted the whole thing with several shades of blue/purple ink.  You will see that the card stock absorbed ink differently than the canvas which created different values of color.  I glued my Bethlehem down over the strips.  I added silver star which I hand cut and the wavy band was cut with the Creative Memories Wavy cutter and glued down as well.  I dry brushed some silver on the roofs of the buildings and a little around the art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.