Monday, February 24, 2014

Card Club - Feb - Thanks

This card features a small piece of Serendipity Paper which is a paper technique which I've known about for a long time and my sister uses often. I find it a bit unstructured for me, but then I found Maryanne's post which was just what I wanted. Check a bit later for all the details.

The serendipity paper was trimmed to 3.5"x 2.75" and then layered onto white card stock. I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder. I trapped the left hand ends of the white grosgrain ribbon under the serendipity rectangle when I glued it down.  I taped the right hand ends to the inside of the card.

The greetings were printed a long time ago when I was trying to use up left over ink in the tricolor ink cartridge once one of the colors ran out.  I now have a separate ink tanks in my printer. I punched them with the Stampin Up Decorative Label punch.  Then it was adhered to the card front with 3D tape placed on the right hand side of the label so that it did not add additional thickness over the serendipity.  Notice that I rubbed the embossing with a brown ink pad which I think helped the look of the card.  I may have to do the blue one too!!  Live and learn right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.